- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the Designer (Vessels), you will work at IHC Engineering Shipbuilding. You will work directly with the Head of Design and in collaboration with the Calculation department. You will contribute to the design and development of the design draft for the types of ships offered by Royal IHC. Input for the design generally comes from the universal requirements of our customers, as well as outcomes from technical feasibility studies and the design drafts.
You will be responsible for developing, specifying and estimating the conceptual design. In collaboration with other departments, you are part of the pre-contractual phase. In accordance with legislation and regulations, you will make sure our customers’ requirements are met by acting within IHC operating principles, and engineering standards. In this way, you will contribute to a productive conclusion of the pre-contractual phase and the successful acquisition of orders. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the following:
- performing hydrostatic and hydrodynamic calculations
- creating drawings, including general plans and drawings for weight determination and construction
- participate in discussions with shipping companies and subcontractors regarding the capacity of the ship, including loading capacity, speed, the ship’s layout, and the products to be fitted, such as motors, cranes etc
- providing technical support to the Calculation department
- developing new concepts for expading the portfolio of vessels.
To be eligible for the position of Designer Vessels you must have:
- a bachelor or master degree in Naval Architecture
- both theoretical and practical knowledge of hydrostatics, stability, hydrodynamics, construction, and strength theory
- five to seven years’ relevant work experience
- an aptitude for conceptual thinking
- proficiency working with calculation and drawing software
- insight into the feasibility of the customers’ wishes and requirements, with sufficient creativity to convert them into concrete designs
- familiarity with both national and international ship laws and (safety) regulations
- excellent command of English, both verbal and written.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Designer Vessels, you will work in the Marketing and Sales Department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Marketing and Sales department is based in Kinderdijk.
Are you interested in the position of Designer Vessels and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.