- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Expect the unexpected in an international engineering role unlike any other! Commissioning Engineers are IHC’s global masterminds. They ensure that all new vessels are fully operational anywhere in the world. When they’re not doing that, they become super Service Engineers. Debarking wherever demand develops, their technical troubleshooting maximises vessel uptime.
Are you ready to travel the world with IHC? You will be responsible for that breath-holding moment when a new ship goes live. You will call on your technical and communication skills to quickly overcome challenges. With customer satisfaction at stake, you will be nothing short of brave in your decision-making. IHC are innovators, so it’s imperative that you can adapt just as rapidly. You will continuously learn to ensure that your knowledge is at the forefront of technological expertise. This will be driven by your passion for the maritime industry and automation.
To be eligible for the position of Commissioning Engineer Dredging Automation, you have the following:
- technical diploma, with an affinity for automation and the ability to work at a Bachelor (HBO) level
- a passion for ships
- experience with automation software of equipment
- willingness to work both inside and outside of Europe on a frequent basis
- ability to act as an ambassador of our company in these roles
- be prepared to familiarise yourself with our equipment via courses or colleagues
- knowledge of PLC and SCADA and a VCA-VOL certificate
- self-reliant, service- and result-oriented approach, as well as being solution-focused and stress-resistant
- be creative in proposing solutions, and supervising work in accordance with professional and safety requirements
- strong command of English both written and verbal.
Royal IHC offers you as Commissioning Engineer Dredging Automation a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Commissioning Engineer Dredging Automation, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 150 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC, the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning Engineer Dredging Automation and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.