- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
We are looking for a Technical Writer/ Document Controller who understands the technical details and can write manuals for our equipment. These manuals and datasheets need to describe the installation, use, problem solving and maintenance of Life Support and hyperbaric equipment for diving, medical and tunneling systems. You will be part of the project team, and be responsible for the creation, writing and maintenance of relevant documentation within one or multiple projects. To reduce documentation hours there will be a focus on the standardisation of the manuals and datasheets. This will be performed in cooperation with your document control and engineering colleagues. Within the project, you will report to the Project Manager. However, hierarchically you will report to the Manager Operations Support. Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- write technical manuals for our equipment's
- managing (technical) documents, gathering all relevant manuals, drawings and certificates, and checking these for completeness before providing these to the Project/Order Manager
- ensuring that all documents are completed in accordance with the regulations of that specific order/project
- managing the ‘as built’ documentation and records for current projects
- developing standardised manuals, instructions, and datasheets
- guiding the relevant notified bodies during surveys/audits
- preparing/developing social media content for marketing purposes.
We are looking for a person with knowledge and experience of document control in relation to complex technical projects. You will be used to working in an environment that demands high safety measures. To be eligible for the role of Technical Writer/ Document Controller, you will also need to have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO), preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- experience working as a Document Controller in a technical environment
- knowledge of multiple software programmes, for example Microsoft Office, Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign and Photoshop
- hands-on and practical approach and an affinity for administrative processes and technology
- A high level of independence
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both verbal and written
- only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Technical Writer/ Document Controller, you will work at IHC Hytech, based at Raamsdonksveer, a dynamic company with an enthusiastic team of professionals. The organisation designs, builds and maintains equipment and systems for the professional diving industry. The wide product range complies with the highest possible standards and demands, and is supplied to diving companies, defence, and the industrial and medical industries worldwide.
IHC Hytech is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Writer/ Document Controller and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.