- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Senior Driveline Engineer in the Life Cycle Engineering department, you will make a positive contribution to this engineering group within IHC Services of Royal IHC. The Life Cycle Engineering department helps customers to make adaptations and upgrades to assets. Examples are integrated equipment, systems, and structures. This includes the engineering of modifications, renovations, and improvements to equipment and systems.
As Senior Driveline Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of the workflow, from generating ideas through to production drawings. You will work either in a multi-disciplinary team or independently, and you will be based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel. Furthermore, you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- setting up and completing 3D (or 2D) models of constructions, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications
- determining necessary equipment, discussing with suppliers and fitting it into the appropriate part of the vessel
- creating and/or checking specifications, FAT procedures, diagrams, arrangement drawings, parts lists, production drawings, calculations or reports
- performing initial opportunity and risk analyses
- examining and revising the processed drawings and documents for consistency against specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness and, where necessary, adjusting or elaborating upon the documents and system information
- communicating with your team leader, class agencies, customers, suppliers and team members
- you will identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, installations, and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
- flexibility to work on projects outside your field
- guiding and coaching junior team members in the team.
To be considered as the Senior Driveline Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you meet the following requirements:
- bachelor or master degree in marine engineering or mechanical engineering (or equivalent)
- at least six years relevant work experience in a similar position and with drive technology and/or ship installations
- experience with 3D CAD software and willing to learn about the complex technical systems available on board vessels
- experience in basic and detailed engineering
- knowledge of the requirements of classification societies and authorities is a plus
- knowledge and experience with Microstation, Solid Edge, Siemens PLM Teamcenter is a plus
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- excellent communication English language skills and preferably but not necessarily Dutch
- only candidates with work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Senior Driveline Engineer Life Cycle Engineering a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Senior Driveline Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Driveline Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.