- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
You will create a knowledge base to make the worldwide market of marine and offshore cranes transparent and accessible for all relevant business units and disciplines within Royal IHC. Marine and offshore cranes are a frequent necessity when delivering an end product to IHC’s customers. In particular, offshore cranes are categorised as 'mission equipment' – systems that are necessary for the efficient and safe execution of maritime and offshore operations. These are often critical to the success of a project. The worldwide market of marine and offshore cranes is the sourcing area of Royal IHC – from new construction to renovation and operational spares. Royal IHC deals with more than 25 different crane types, 300 potential suppliers, a significant diversity in regulations and an unparalleled product portfolio. Royal IHC therefore wants to achieve the appropriate transparency of this market as quickly as possible, in order to improve its competitive position. This includes customer value, expertise, standardisation and life cycle support.
Your duties as part of this internship will include the following:
- creating a concrete inventory of purpose and need
- information and data analysis – partly based on what is available
- developing of a programme of requirements and an initial design – from input/output to access and management
- selecting a suitable database tool or existing application on the market
- building or setting up a knowledge database (including testing)
- managing and implementing this database within IHC.
Given the size and complexity of the assignment, this role would be most suitable for students who are looking for a challenging internship or graduation project. To be eligible for the role, you must also have the following:
- minimum HBO+ level in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Technology, Business IT, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science
- good knowledge of informatics and business or supply chain management
- the ability to combine theory with results
- proactive, inquisitive and enthusiastic
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging internship within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation.
Supply Chain Management is a functional area within IHC. Policy and programmes are developed within the framework and input given by the board of directors. Input for shaping and development is obtained from the operational departments, including Shipbuilding’s supply chain management. Objectives include the cost reduction and improved value of IHC products and services, as well as operational efficiency. In order to achieve these objectives, the strategic choice was made for a central approach to the chain through category management. This assignment will be carried out within the category of functional equipment.
IHC Shipbuilding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the Supply Chain Management internship? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.