- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Lead Engineer Mechanical, you will focus on the technical activities relating to the mechanical systems for our offshore and dredging vessels and equipment. You will coordinate all engineering work during the basic and detail design stage and will translate customer requirements into technical drawings and functional specifications as part of a project team. This will contribute to efficient production and maximise quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the equipment. As Lead Engineer Mechanical your responsibilities will also include the following:
- leading a team of mechanical engineers regarding design, technical issues, and executing and planning projects
- acting as a figure of authority and motivating your team
- overseeing the design and coaching the engineers in creating the required engineering information
- ensuring designs for equipment are of high quality, cost-effective and comply with customer requirements and IHC standards
- ensuring that equipment is well integrated in the ships, and consulting colleagues from other technical disciplines frequently
- acting as the first point of contact for colleagues from other disciplines and departments, customers and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning and after-sales service
- working proactively on continuous improvement, standardisation and development of design rules
- reporting hierarchically to the Technical Manager of Dredging and Offshore Systems – and to the Team Leader or Project Manager – to update them on the progress of projects.
To be eligible for the role of Lead Engineer Mechanical, you must meet the following requirements:
- bachelor and/or master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- at least five years of relevant experience with large mechanical constructions in Dredging, Offshore or similar industries
- experience with drive technology and/or ship installations is advantageous
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions
- an innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- knowledge and experience with 3D modelling software, preferably Siemens software (Solid Edge or NX, combined withTeamcenter)
- an excellent command of Dutch and English
- the ability to work in Kinderdijk (mainly) and Krimpen aan den IJssel
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Lead Engineer Mechanical a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Lead Engineer Mechanical you will work at the Engineering department for the Shipbuilding Group. The Shipbuilding Group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. The Engineering department of the Shipbuilding Group is based in Kinderdijk or Krimpen aan den IJssel in the Netherlands.
The Engineering department is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we don't stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Engineer Mechanical and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.