- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for independently performing strength calculations using finite element analysis. You will work with a team of engineers in the Engineering department. Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- interpreting sales contracts and ship layouts, and converting into a strength calculation
- performing strength calculations for customers and R&D projects
- supporting and advising mechanical engineers when performing strength calculations
- monitoring the completeness and quality of the strength calculations.
To be eligible for the position of Structural Engineer, you must have the following:
- bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, or another technical discipline
- several years of experience working within a department in a technical environment and a global customer base
- knowledge and experience in the offshore, dredging and heavy industries would be beneficial
- experience in overseeing a large and diverse number of projects
- well-developed communication skills, and a customer-focused and service-oriented attitude
- excellent knowledge of related topics, such as structural fatigue
- an excellent command of Dutch and English
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Structural Engineer a challenging role at a company in which technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work for an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment may be described as excellent, and include reimbursement for your travel costs, an annual profit share, a highly beneficial pension scheme, access to appropriate training courses, and 40 days of annual leave.
As a Structural Engineer, you will work at IHC SAS Hytop. Based in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, this organisations main focus is designing and producing reliable deck equipment and hydraulic systems for the dredging, offshore oil & gas and renewable markets. Over the years, IHC SAS Hytop has gained a great deal of experience in the delivery of pipe laying systems, heavy duty winch systems, hydraulic power packs and FPSO riser pull-in & offloading systems. The ultimate aim of IHC SAS Hytop is to provide customers with equipment, systems, solutions and services that they can trust. The IHC SAS Hytop service team is available on a 24/7 basis for its customers, wherever they are in the world.
IHC SAS Hytop is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Structural Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.