- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Tactical Purchaser for the Mission Equipment Category team, you will be an important link between the suppliers and internal stakeholders including the Engineering, Production and Project Procurement teams. You will be responsible for the procurement of non-IHC manufactured mission equipment, such as marine and offshore cranes, and remotely operated vehicles, for custom-built and standard vessels. You will also be highly involved in defining the purchasing requirements and selecting the best suppliers in close cooperation with the category manager. At all times, you will act in the best interests of the company. As such, you will negotiate adequate and appropriate conditions with suppliers. You must be capable of initiating and implementing sustainable improvement within the category supply chain.
To be eligible for this position of Tactical Purchaser Mission Equipment, you must have:
- bachelor degree in a technical and/or commercial field, such as mechanical engineering, technical management or maritime engineering, preferably supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2 qualifications
- at least ten years of relevant (international) project procurement experience, obtaining complex systems/equipment for the manufacturing and/or maritime industries
- knowledge and experience of international industrial procurement procedures and order processing and experience of offshore mission equipment (advantageous)
- commercial awareness and confident working in an engineering-focused, project-based organisation
- excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- ability to work effectively in a team and a stress-resistant and proactive approach
- willingness to travel abroad occasionally and valid EU work permit.
Royal IHC offers you as Tactical Purchaser Mission Equipment a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Tactical Purchaser Mission Equipment you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Tactical Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.