- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Expediter, you will be responsible for managing and ensuring the accurate delivery of materials, equipment and their related documentation for shipbuilding projects. You will do this within the planning requirements to safeguard an uninterrupted and timely supply. Shipbuilding projects contain a large volume of technical equipment designed in cooperation between IHC and its customers and suppliers. The on-time delivery of these products (especially long-lead items), along with their associated factory acceptance tests (FATs) and documents, is crucial in guaranteeing the delivery date of vessels. Intensive progress controls with stakeholders on quality and planning is key. This means that you will have to be firm on agreed dates for delivery and expedite the progress accordingly. When in doubt, you will demand full and detailed information, and be unaccepting of delays or incomplete communications.
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- a technical Bachelor degree (HBO), preferably in shipbuilding or mechanical engineering
- demonstrable practical experience in shipbuilding (in particular, the engine rooms of ships)
- quality assurance and quality control experience, as well as the ability to manage FATs at (international) suppliers
- relevant personal skills, including: the ability to take ownership, a keen eye for detail, a structured work ethic a strong ability to influence people to get things done
- ability for strict planning and a disciplined approach
- an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As an Expediter you will be based at IHC Holland, in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Expediter Shipbuilding and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.