- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Technical Purchaser, you will work within IHC Shipbuilding where your focus will be on the purchasing of piping and steel. You will be responsible for: the execution of purchasing-related activities; monitoring and coordinating the purchase process; supplier contact management; and purchase administration. All activities must be executed in line with purchase orders, category plans and relevant policies and procedures. This is to guarantee the timely realisation of the purchasing process and supply of our piping and steel cutting facilities at optimum cost within specifications. Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- working in line with purchase planning and procedures
- negotiating with suppliers
- contributing to negotiations for strategic and integrated product segment suppliers
- identifying errors, bottlenecks and process improvements
- contributing to the formulation and implementation of improvements
- identifying structural delivery risks and leading root-cause analysis and optimisation with regards to these risks
- carrying out operational purchasing processes (handling requisitions, sending out requests for quotation, evaluating quotations, creating purchase orders and expediting supply)
- monitoring all relevant supply chain information and taking any necessary action
- supporting less experienced Technical Purchasers.
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- a commercial background and a higher vocational (bachelor’s) level of education
- at least two years of relevant experience within a technical production environment (steel and piping)
- a NEVI 1 certification
- the ability to follow the purchasing process with a focus on results, timeliness, accuracy and quality
- the ability to think in terms of ‘processes’ and identify errors and bottlenecks
- integrity and decisiveness
- the ability to identify structural delivery risks
- experience with ERP systems
- excellent communication and cooperation skills
- a strong command of Dutch and English.
We offer you a challenging job in an organisation where the engineering is at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work in an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued and you will have every opportunity to develop further. Our terms of employment can also be described as excellent.
As Technical Purchaser, you will work in the Engineering department within IHC Shipbuilding. The Shipbuilding group engineers and produces complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. IHC Shipbuilding’s Engineering department is based in Kinderdijk and Krimpen aan den IJssel.
IHC Shipbuildig is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Purchaser and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.