- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Royal IHC MTI is looking for a fulltime Sustainability Researcher in Delft The Netherlands. The role is ambitious, fun and varied, and offers you opportunities to take the initiative. Examples of projects you may research include: the reduction of underwater noise based on its influence on the environment; the impact of the excavation process on the seabed at depths of 20 to 5,000 metres; the effects of using novel fuels and alternative antifouling coatings; improving the IHC production chain to eliminate waste and emissions; and Royal IHC’s first steps towards circular design and operation, which is key to staying tuned into future business requirements. Within this role as Sustainability Researcher, you will be responsible for:
- understanding the sustainability aspects of relevant technologies and the related legislation and societal developments
- conducting research on the consequences for Royal IHC technology
- initiating and maintaining contacts with Royal IHC product groups on sustainability matters
- starting new projects and being a discussion and expert partner for non-governmental organisations.
To be eligible for the position of Sustainability Researcher, you must have:
- master degree in a relevant technical field such as industrial ecology, design for sustainability, environmental engineering, or any other relevant discipline with an evident combination of technology and sustainability
- strong communication skills, efficient and flexible mindset, with a customer- and service-oriented attitude
- result-oriented and team player approach
- an open and honest personality, with an appropriate amount of assertiveness and a good sense of humour
- valid EU work visa.
Royal IHC offers you as Sustainability Researcher a challenging job, within an exciting and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
IHC MTI is Royal IHC's center for R&D. Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions for the challenges of today and for the future of the movement and positioning of soil. Through close consultation with our colleagues, we optimize the design, use and control of any equipment that comes into contact with soil. Through this, we are able to enhance mission equipment and advise our customers on how to make optimal use of IHC’s technology. This ensures that we improve, extend and reduce the TCO of IHC’s product portfolio. In addition, the knowledge we gain enables us to offer a first-rate consultancy service to our customers. IHC MTI main activities include R&D, ranging from fundamental knowledge development in collaboration with universities and knowledge institutes, through to prototype development in the run-up to commercialization consultancy services in the field of dredging, establishing IHC’s intellectual property strategy and supporting our sister companies in its execution. IHC MTI offices are based in Delft and Kinderdijk, with permanent research facilities located at the latter. IHC MTI also make use of temporary research facilities as required.
IHC MTI is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Sustainability Researcher and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.