- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Are you an experienced Operations Manager who can lead by example and deliver results together with a passionate and engaged team? If so, read on to find out more. We are looking for an Operations Manager at IHC Dredge Equipment, located in Kinderdijk. As Operations Manager Dredge Equipment you will report to the General Manager and be a member of the management team. Ultimately, you will have responsibility for the primary process of Dredge Equipment. You will optimise and streamline customer orders based on our portfolio, and create full dredge equipment packages when several products are required. In this function, you will direct several disciplines (not hierarchically) and ‘book’ any required capacity (via your team) with the Engineering, Supply Chain and the Production units to fulfil your product orders and projects. The focus of this role will be on continuous improvement in operational excellence, concentrating on the OSBIT (on specification, budget and in time) delivery of projects and enhancing Dredge Equipment’s product range.
As Operations Manager Dredge Equipment you will lead the Product Managers, Project Managers and the R&D Manager, of which several have a small team to assist them. In addition, the SHEQ Officer will report to you. In total, you will be responsible for around 15 full-time employees. As Operations Manager Dredge Equipment, you will make key judgments and decisions, while maintaining a healthy balance between product optimisation, customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
We are looking for a candidate with vision and entrepreneurship, who can switch easily among strategic, tactical and operational issues. Communication and cooperation within and in the context of Dredge Equipment are key to making the difference. You will know how to influence and adapt to different situations. Through a well-developed sense of responsibility, you will know how and when to delegate work to keep control when complex issues are at stake.
To be eligible for the role of Operations Manager Dredge Equipment, you must have:
- ability to lead Product and Project Managers to their full potential
- vision of product expansion (Dredge Equipment) and the ability to take responsibility for development through applied R&D that is leading in the market
- ability to take responsibility for the primary process from the moment the deal is made to the delivery of the product portfolio
- commitment to the OSBIT delivery of projects and a result-driven approach, with the ability to engage people in line with the targets set
- technical background and commercial affinity and the ability to operate as the right-hand of the general director
- ability to work across multidisciplinary teams and lead several areas in a non-hierarchical context
- pro-active, structured and customer-focused mindset, with an international perspective
- enthusiastic personality and the ability to lead by example to deliver results.
- excellent communications skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- at least seven years of relevant (international) experience in the heavy machinery/manufacturing industry
- bachelor or master degree (preferably) in mechanical engineering or industrial engineering and management.
Royal IHC offers you as Operations Manager Dredge Equipment a challenging job, within an exciting and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Operations Manager Dredge Equipment, you will work at IHC Dredge Equipment, which is part of IHC Services. The Dredge Equipment organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. IHC Dredge Equipment is based in Kinderdijk.
IHC Dredge Equipment is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Operations Manager Dredge Equipment and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.