- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
We are seeking an enthusiastic student to join our Concept Engineering department from September 2018 to February 2019. You will work alongside the Lead Sales Concept Engineer and Product Manager (Decommissioning).
Your time at IHC IQIP will be focused on the development of a decommissioning specific lifting tool. This means that every week will be different, because concept engineering is a profession that involves a variety of different duties.
Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- translating market intelligence data into tool specific forecasts
- analysing current lifting tool functionalities
- investigating the latest applicable state-of-the-art technologies
- leading and running the process of lifting tool development for the decommissioning market
- designing the next generation lifting tool
- building upon your own professional education and development.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a place in the fourth-year of a HBO course, specialising in mechanical engineering
- familiarity with the offshore industry
- an excellent grasp of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- a proactive nature and willingness to act accordingly when key information is missing
- a hands-on mentality
- a creative approach
- availability for four/five days per week for a minimum of five months.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging Internship/Graduation project within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation.
As an intern, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units – IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP designs, builds and supplies fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check: www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of internship and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.