- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the SHEQ (safety, health, environment and quality) /Continuous Improvement Officer, you will be the first point of contact for all aspects of process and safety at IHC Vremac. You will bring the appropriate parties together when necessary to propose relevant solutions and developments with regard to SHEQ.
In addition, you will continually monitor process and safety levels against compliance and, when required, investigate the causes of any issues in order to maintain continuous improvement. You will be a skilled communicator who can actively involve your colleagues in improvement and awareness-raising initiatives. In this role, you will report to the Unit Director, and have a close link with the Production Manager.
As the SHEQ/Continuous Improvement Officer, you will be responsible for:
- implementing and maintaining management systems for safety, health, environment and quality (ISO 9001, 3834-2, 14001, OHSAS 18001)
- realising the targets set out in the year plan
- improving and creating a vision for the safety and quality culture, as well as the continuous improvement mindset within the organisation
- performing audits and workplace inspections
- analysing and following up on incidents, lessons learnt and NCRs
- preparing and carrying out improvement plans
- measuring and reporting the unit’s SHEQ performance and progress on improvement initiatives
- acting as the main contact for corporate departments and external parties for SHEQ-related activities
- acting as a prevention officer
- performing the full scope of tasks relating to the emergency response preparation
- preparing and carrying out toolbox meetings
- being part of specific project teams, regarding improvements for example
- ensuring that the unit remains compliant with regards to rules and legislation.
To be eligible for the position of SHEQ/Continuous Improvement Officer, you must have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) in integrated safety and security or in a relevant technical field with subjects on lean and continuous improvement techniques
- a diploma in safety science
- a VCA-VOL certificate (or be prepared to achieve this prior to employment)
- at least three years of experience in a production organisation
- experience working with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and 9001, and (preferably) NEN- EN- ISO 3834-2
- knowledge of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and improvement methodologies within production and supply chain
- the ability to improve the organisation in terms of SHEQ and continuous improvement management
- an excellent grasp of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- a creative, conceptual and analytical mindset
- a self-reliant, communicative, solution-focused and stress-resistant skill set
- a service- and result-oriented approach.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a SHEQ Officer, you will work at IHC Vremac Cylinders, based in Apeldoorn. This organisation has been developing and producing high quality hydraulic cylinders, rotary joints and piston type accumulators for over 55 years. These are used in standard or customer-specific configurations for the dredging, offshore and civil markets, and for the engineering and transport sectors. IHC Vremac Cylinders is a dynamic company with a flat organisation hierarchy, that takes quality seriously.
IHC Vremac is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of SHEQ Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.