- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Currently Royal lHC has secured orders for a number of groundbreakings, market-leading offshore vessels. Typically, these projects require the integration of complex mission equipment into both newly built ships and conversions. The project we are recruiting for relates to a conversion of an offshore vessel, in which the existing mission equipment will be replaced by highly innovative concepts designed by Royal IHC. The Deputy Project Director will work in close cooperation with the Project Director and will coordinate and collaborate with the project team. You will be the second in line regarding the overall responsibility of the project.
In this role, you will among other responsibilities ensure that the project deliverables are supplied according to specification, on time, within budget and in full compliance with the contract we have in place with the customer. As a member of the central project team, the new recruit will act as a superior to the internal legal entities within the Dutch and international business units contributing to the conversion. As Deputy Project Director, you will be responsible for:
- providing project leadership as a member of the senior management team
- managing, monitoring and driving project activities, risks and resources, and taking corrective actions if necessary
- being fully involved in the management of daily engineering and execution activities, in order to identify any deviations from contractual requirements (including annexes) and in the execution of the project
- managing changes and demarcations in the scope of the project in conjunction with the contract manager, the customer and other relevant stakeholders
- providing sound project management, maintaining due diligence, and creating the organisational and individual capacity to ensure success
- overseeing the work planning process, performance management and strategic communications
- managing and challenging the development and monitoring of timelines, critical paths, and progress and project controls
- analysing budget and financial results, and managing any corrective actions to ensure the timely and profitable delivery of the project in line with forecasts
- defining and managing work packages to be placed with key suppliers and partners, as well as ensuring the performance of those parties in line with expectations
- ensuring that the project is executed according to the contractually defined SHEQ standards
- working closely together with the project planners, cost controllers, project managers, SHEQ managers and other direct colleagues.
As Deputy Project Director, you will be pragmatic, structured and accurate in your approach, identifying problems and taking immediate actions to solve them. Effective organisation and planning are in your nature, and you will be able to independently take action and motivate others to drive activities forward. You will be aware of the lead times, and the effect of any delays on costs and capacity on site. To be eligible for the position of Deputy Project Director, you must also have:
- higher vocational education (bachelor) or academic higher education (master) degree in a technical discipline
- at least seven to ten years of experience in (senior) project management positions
- experience in shipyards, ship and offshore upgrades, renovations and/or new-build project management, which must be gained in a supplier capacity rather than as the customer
- pragmatic, structured and accurate way of working, results-oriented, decisive and straightforward approach, with a strong focus on getting things done, and realising projects on time and within budget
- ability to handle cultural differences within the team, in the yard and with the customer
- ability to independently take the initiative on one hand, but also demonstrate effective teamwork skills on the other
- optimistic, energetic personality, with an aptitude for numbers
- ability to safeguard Royal IHC’s position and interest with the customer, while maintaining a professional and tactical manner, ensuring our good relationship continues.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Deputy Project Director you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Service is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Deputy Project Director and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.