- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As part of its strategy to strengthen its presence and further develop the southern African region, IHC South Africa (Pty) Ltd is currently seeking a Services Manager. The office’s activities focus on sales, projects and technical services in the dredging, offshore, mining and mission equipment markets in the region. As a Services Manager, you will be responsible for managing a multidisciplinary team to ensure the provision of high-quality services to IHC’s existing and new installed base customers. Services for these customers includes: spare parts delivery, equipment renovation, equipment assembly, and asset mobilisation/demobilisation. Within this role, your duties will also include:
- managing the unit and providing leadership and guidance to staff;
- developing an operational year plan in consultation with the General Manager;
- ensuring the successful execution of the year plan, and allocating resources for services to be executed by the company
- managing service activities
- organising the unit, in particular, controlling resources and assets
- maximising profitability through the effective marketing and sale of labour, parts, upgrades, subcontracted services and other value added products and service offerings
- creating an environment where the unit and its employees develop and excel
- building, maintaining and utilising a network of in-house and external stakeholders, and representing the Services Unit
- ensuring that SHEQ rules, regulations and procedures are adhered to
- developing and implementing a training and mentorship programme for engineers, technicians and other technical personnel
- monitoring and reporting on the individual performances of staff throughout the year, as well as providing the necessary guidance and support to aid development and growth
- optimising and adhering to procedures, policies and standards relevant to the unit
- overseeing and approving procurement processes, and liaising with the General Manager as required by the ‘Delegation of Authorities’ matrix
- updating the General Manager on the progress of services activities and their respective cash flows through regular reporting.
To be eligible for the position of Services Manager, you must have:
- a HND/BSc in engineering
- the ability to set up and manage a new Services unit within the company
- a management or leadership qualification
- at least ten years of technical services and general management experience
- a focus on the customer and ensuring work is done on specification, within budget and in time (OSBIT)
- a keen attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- strong operational and management capabilities
- excellent organisational skills.
- a team player approach, with a service- oriented attitude
- the ability to perform under pressure, to manage and self-motivate.
- a willingness to work a demanding schedule, including after hours, in order for all services activities to meet OSBIT
- strong problem-solving skills
- a willingness to travel
- computer literacy, for example in Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Project.
IHC South Africa offers you a challenging full-time job where technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work in an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued, and where you will have every opportunity to develop further.
As Services Manager, you will work at IHC South Africa. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, the organisation forms part of the Africa region. It is responsible for representing Royal IHC in all its markets – dredging, offshore, mining and renewables – across the southern Africa subregion, based on the three pillars of sales, projects and services.
IHC South Africa is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialised ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore vessels. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today, we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across the globe. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Services Manager at IHC South Africa? Do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. Your CV must be accompanied by a motivational letter, stating why you should be considered as the preferred candidate for the position. As part of your letter, the following should be clearly stated:
- your nationality and whether you hold a valid South African work permit
- your date of birth and level of experience
- whether you are considered previously disadvantaged or have a disability
- your salary expectations.