- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
IHC Services is as an entity of Royal IHC. The Purchasing department of IHC Services is responsible for the supply chain of aftersales technical goods and services covering: spare parts and logistics; life-cycle engineering for renovations and conversions; proposal and cost calculation; asset services and management; and ShipSupport including NPR. As a result of the high workload we are currently experiencing, we are looking for an experienced self-sufficient, hands-on and effective Functional Purchaser. As Operational Purchaser, you will be responsible for the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure that IHC’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply. In addition, you will strive to make improvements to supplier performance where necessary. You will work closely with your manager and stakeholders to implement and carry out a strategy for suppliers within your area of responsibility. Effectiveness, strong communication and organisational efficiency are essential in this role. As Temporary Operational Purchaser you will be responsible for:
- purchasing goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules including requests for quotation (RFoQ)
- meeting the daily purchasing needs for goods and services
- handling deliveries, contracts and dealing with complaints
- offering help and support to stakeholders for any daily challenges that occur
- supporting the purchasing function and other relevant departments, and communicating any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- acting as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing activities
- monitoring and advising on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- preparing reports and updates as and when required
- adhering to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to uphold the safety and wellbeing of yourself, staff and visitors
- building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships, and keeping up good communications
- ensuring that a professional and consistent approach is taken in regards to all supplier relationships
- supporting the compilation of data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluations to take place
- assessing suppliers and contributing to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- contacting suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- managing the daily P2P processes
- archiving purchasing documents on directives or relevant databases
- complying with all health, safety and environmental policies.
To be eligible for the role of Temporary Operational Purchaser, you must have:
- assertive, resilient nature and the ability to welcome change
- ability to engage the interest and participation of others, and foster a cooperative approach
- ability to proactively contribute to the team, and be committed to their development as well as your own
- self-aware and positive attitude, ethical, open and honest approach to all dealings.
- ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- analytical and numerically astute skillset, with strong problem-solving abilities
- ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
- commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- ability to work well under pressure, and handle emergency and stressful situations
- keen attention to detail and accuracy and experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is a prerequisite.
- senior secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher, preferably supplemented with NEVI certification
- at least three years of experience in a comparable position in a relevant sector
- previous experience of working in a purchasing team, preferably within a maritime, engineering or manufacturing environment
- excellent knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- experience of working closely with suppliers and understanding of maritime processes and components is advantageous
- strong communication skills and an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- ability to work effectively in a team. stress-resistant and proactive approach.
Royal IHC offers you a temporary full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Temporary Operational Purchaser, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
Royal IHC is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Temporary Operational Purchaser, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.