- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Temporary Tactical Purchaser, you will be based within the Services cluster at Royal IHC, balancing its requirements with those of the other departments in the wider Royal IHC supply chain. Working within the framework of the Category Management department and the specifications of the Product Management department, you will explore the supplier market for new products, capabilities, and delivery reliability. You will manage supply chain partnerships and push for the continuous improvement of their performance against price, quality and delivery reliability. In addition, you will be a part of the continuous improvement of the supply chain, selecting and monitoring suppliers, as well as creating agreements and purchase orders. Within the role of Temporary Tactical Purchaser, your duties will also include the following:
- interacting with different departments to select suppliers, visit and audit suppliers to assess suitability, set up framework agreements with suppliers and include data mapping and data exchange agreements
- requesting materials and services from the local and international market
- obtaining quotes, calculating cost prices and producing technical reviews
- making proposals on how to achieve the full optimisation of the procurement process
- preparing reports, cooperating with operational buyers and safeguarding OSBIT delivery procedures.
To be eligible for the role of Temporary Tactical Purchaser you must have:
- bachelor degree in a technical commercial field, preferably with additional NEVI 1 and 2 training
- at least five years experience in the procurement of technical products
- excellent negotiation skills
- knowledge of shipbuilding and international trading practices are advantageous
- hands-on mentality, with a service-oriented approach and experience working in a commercial environment.
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as the Temporary Tactical Purchaser a full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Temporary Tactical Purchaser, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
Royal IHC is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Temporary Tactical Purchaser, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.