- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The position of Production Coordinator (Electrical) is highly dynamic. You will take on a coordinating role between the many internal and external parties involved in the completion process for our newly constructed ships. You will specifically focus on electrical and automation topics, coordinate the schedules and activities of various parties, and play a supporting role in this process. This means that you will spend most of your working day on board new ship construction projects and act as the first point of contact for any practical questions.
As a Production Coordinator (Electrical), you will be responsible for:
- actively engaging with colleagues within the Engineering and Supply Chain departments
- planning, coordinating and providing support for the completion work on newly constructed ships
- establishing and adjusting various (main/detailed) schedules, the order of work, guidelines and instructions
- ensuring that the final outfit work, such as installation of foundations, completion of cable trays and penetrations and cabling, is performed correctly by subcontractors and the completion/installation department
- maintaining internal and external contacts to ensure the seamless completion of a fully tested, inspected and approved ship (this includes planning and supervision regarding the completion of electrical and automation test protocols).
We are looking for a Production Coordinator (Electrical) who can start working independently at a new ship construction yard for complex dredging and offshore ships. You must have a shipbuilding or mechanical engineering degree from a university of applied sciences, and have extensive relevant work experience. Communicating in English is also second nature to you.
The position of Production Coordinator (Electrical) is full time and overtime work might be available, especially near the final phase of a project. Production Coordinators also go on sea trials, which means that several times a year you will be away for a number of days at a time.
In addition, as Production Coordinator (Electrical), we expect you to:
- be flexible (within reason, you must be adaptable in terms of your working location in The Netherlands and, if necessary, (temporarily) abroad)
- work effectively in a team and be capable of clearly communicating expectations and goals to colleagues, third-party employees and suppliers
- have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, and be able to earn the confidence of the people around you by combining expertise with good communication skills
- be independent.
Royal IHC offers you as Production Coordinator (Electrical) a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Production Coordinator (Electrical), you will work at IHC Holland, based in Krimpen aan den IJssel or Kinderdijk. This organisation has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry, and is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialist maritime sector.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com
Are you interested in the position of Production Coordinator (Electrical) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.