- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Product Manager Product Line Vessels you will have responsibility for the product development of one or more vessel types in our portfolio of hoppers and offshore vessels. You will work closely with the Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Design and Estimate teams. Furthermore, you will be responsible for guiding the design and estimating phase when proposing these vessels to our customers. You will further optimise and streamline the customer requests that fit into your product portfolio, as well as other projects when there is a custom-built requirement. As Product Manager Product Line Vessels you will direct (not hierarchically) both the Shipbuilding and Mechanical Design and Calculation departments in order to realise your customer requests and proposals. The focus will be on the continuous improvement towards both technical and commercial excellence (OSBIT delivery of projects) and enhancing Royal IHC’s Vessels portfolio.
In this role, you will hold a key position in making judgments and decisions, while maintaining a healthy balance between technical product optimisation, customer satisfaction and operational excellence. We are looking for a candidate with the vision and entrepreneurial skills, who can switch easily between strategic, tactical and operational issues. Communication and cooperation both within and in the context of Shipbuilding Vessels are key to making a difference. You will know how to influence and adapt to different situations, as well as possess a strong sense of responsibility. In addition, you will know how and when to delegate work to keep control of the more complex issues at stake. In this role as Product Manager Product Line Vessels, you will be located in Kinderdijk and report to the Product Director Vessels.
To be eligible for the role of Product Manager Product Line Vessels, you must have:
- a bachelor's degree (HBO) in naval architecture or mechanical engineering (preferred)
- at least seven years of relevant (international) experience in the dredging and/or offshore market
- international experience, technical background and commercial affinity
- excellent communications skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- ability to functionally lead, guide and encourage a team of technical colleagues with regard to product development, tenders or other related activities
- vision for product development for dredging and/or offshore vessels and the ability to take responsibility for applied R&D that is leading and bespoke in the market
- ability to take responsibility for the primary process from the moment of the request to the delivery of the proposal/quotation (in line with our portfolio)
- ability to deliver projects on specification, budget and in time (OSBIT) and to work with multidisciplinary teams and lead them in a non-hierarchical context
- results-driven, ability to engage people in order to achieve set targets, flexible, proactive, structured, customer-focused approach, enthusiastic personality, ability to lead by example and deliver results alongside a team.
Royal IHC offers you as Product Manager Product Line Vessels a challenging job, within an exciting and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Product Manager Product Line Vessels you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Product Manager Product Line Vessels and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.