- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Operations Director you report to the General Director and you are member of the Management Team. You have (ultimate) responsibility for the primary process of Dredge Equipment. You ensure that all projects are delivered in time, on spec and within budget. You further optimize and streamline client orders that fit into our product portfolio, and projects when several products which create a full dredge equipment package. You “book” capacity (via your direct reports) with Engineering and Supply Chain to realise your product orders and projects. The focus will be continuous improvement in operational excellence, and enhancing the portfolio of Dredge Equipment products.
You lead the Product Managers, the Project Managers, the R&D Manager, and the Production Unit, of which several have a (small) team to assist them. In total, you are responsible for about 70 FTE, with 10 direct reports. You hold a key position in making judgments and decisions, while dealing with the (healthy) tension among product optimization, client satisfaction, and operational excellence.
We look for a candidate with vision and entrepreneurship, who can switch easily among strategic, tactical and operational issues. Communication and cooperation both within – and in the context of – Dredge Equipment are key to make the difference. You know how to influence and adapt to different situations. You have a well-developed sense of responsibility, and you know how and when to delegate work to keep control of the more complex issues at stake.
To be eligible for the role of Operations Director, you must have:
- the ability to lead both product and project managers, encouraging and guiding them to realise their potential
- leads the Production Unit, and oversees production both internally (global) and externally
- a vision for product development (in the context of Dredge Equipment) and the ability to take responsibility for applied R&D that is leading and bespoke in the market
- the ability to take responsibility for the primary process from the deal being signed to the delivery of the product or portfolio
- the ability to deliver projects on specification, budget and in time (OSBIT)
- a result-driven mindset and the ability to engage people in order to achieve set targets
- a technical background and commercial affinity
- the ability to act as the right hand of the General Director
- the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and lead them in a non-hierarchical context
- a flexible, proactive, structured and customer-focused approach within an international environment
- excellent communications skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English
- a proven track record of experience with development and improvement of production and logistics processes for capital goods/heavy machinery manufacturing. Ideally gained via a combination of operations management role in industry and a relevant (operations) consultancy
- knowledge of / experience in concepts like lean, six sigma, business process optimization, ERP implementations etc.
- ability to apply best in class practices and tools into tangible implementations relevant for DE, resulting in concrete improvements for the business
- at least seven years of relevant (international) experience in the heavy machinery/manufacturing industry
- a Master level education (WO) in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and management (preferably in combination with an MBA) or equivalent
- a strong, charismatic and enthusiastic personality, with the ability to lead by example and deliver results alongside a passionate and dedicated team.
Royal IHC offers you as Operations Director a challenging job, within an exciting and dynamic company, with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Operations Director, you will work at IHC Dredge Equipment, which is part of the cluster IHC Services. The Dredge Equipment organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. IHC Dredge Equipment is based in Kinderdijk.
IHC Dredge Equipment is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Operations Director and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.