- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Based at our offices in Kinderdijk, the Business Analyst will be responsible for a part of our full-scale strategy transformation program, IHC²: You will be helping initiative owners (IO’s) within the company to help mature, plan and execute their ideas, and as such make a valuable contribution to the health and growth of the company. Every day will be different, but in general, you can expect the following responsibilities:
- onboarding new IOs and familiarising them with their role, the processes and the program management tool WAVE
- actively solving problems an IO may have, and escalating them to the Transformation Office (TO) meeting or Head of TO where necessary
- challenging IOs on implementation plans and business cases (for example, can it be done better, faster, cheaper?)
- safeguarding WAVE to ensure that it remains the single source of truth by confirming that IOs have updated actuals and milestones
- providing the Head of TO with input for the weekly team update or any other report/presentation that may arise
- organising meetings, preparing the agenda, reminding IOs and checking WAVE
- setting up calls if needed, presenting WAVE and/or slides where applicable and preserving the current high standards of meetings
- taking charge of the process by making notes on new actions and following up individually where necessary.
For the role of Business Analyst, you must have the following personal attributes:
- always looking for ways to improve the TO, our processes and/or yourself
- ability to quickly develop expert knowledge of the content of your work stream and actively involve the related processes/units/disciplines
- ability to advise at a tactical and/or strategic level, challenge ideas and consider the broader context of advice/decisions
- ability to help IOs formulate, implement and safeguard their ideas, always including a health component
- ability to convince beyond content driven arguments and, as such set an example to the IOs who are the ambassadors for our programme
- ability to understand the playing field and politics around the TO, and adapt your style of influence to match the situation
- ability to deliver upon the progress of the work streams that you are responsible for while ensuring that you gain full buy-in from stakeholders.
- academic vocational education (master) and two to five years of relevant work experience
- form of extracurricular work and/or travel to demonstrate perspective and entrepreneurial ambition
- high level of confidence and comfortable moving around from work floor to board level
- capacity to take a complex problem, break it down into manageable parts and explain it
- ability to take on some of the groundwork, such as planning/preparing meetings and making slide decks
- basic understanding of numbers and analytical thinking, as well as demonstrate some structure to your work
- preference for processes and projects, and are not hindered by the borders of a certain team/unit/entity
- willingness to develop a very broad business perspective, becoming a generalist instead of being an expert in a niche subject area
- strong soft skills, understanding the basics of persuasion and how to work effectively with others
- ability to apply 80/20 to your work and your role, understanding that not everything will be perfectly clear but that we can prioritise together
- high level of adaptability and a willingness to ask for help and learn where required
- excellent communications skills, both verbal and written in Dutch and English.
As Business Analyst, Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job, where you have:
- a ‘pressure-cooker’ style learning environment
- a great podium to show what you are capable of to the entire top management of the company
- the ability to be part of and learn from a team with very high standards of quality and effectiveness, and work in a good-humoured environment
- the ability to immerse yourself in how IHC really works and develop a very broad view on business management/corporate governance
- the possibility to discover – from a true helicopter perspective – what type of role you want to pursue within the company in the future
- the ability to make a real, tangible contribution to IHC’s future.
The Transformation Office is a new department within Royal IHC (IHC) which is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Business Analyst at Royal IHC and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.