- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
IHC MTI Royal IHC's centre for R&D is looking for a full-time (Senior) Researcher Fuels and Drive Systems who will be based at their office in Delft. The role is varied and challenging and offers you many opportunities to use your skills and initiative. Examples of projects you may research include:
- investigating the effect of integrating cleaner fuels – such as natural gas and methanol – on the design and functionality of vessels
- modelling the fuel efficiency and emissions on novel marine drive systems
- building drive system design tools for product groups
- monitoring onboard vessels during trials and operation, and interpreting this measurement data
- gaining knowledge on the development of fuel cells and hydrogen storage technologies for maritime applications.
- following technological and legislative developments for drive systems and fuels, and assessing their potential effect on IHC’s products and markets, as well as where they can be feasibly applied
- conducting research and modelling work on novel fuels and drive technologies for applications relevant to IHC products
- being an expert across Royal IHC product groups, as well as a knowledgeable partner for universities and other educational institutions, and customers
- initiating and coordinating research projects on relevant areas, and coaching younger colleagues in the team.
To be eligible for this role of (Senior) Researcher Fuels and Drive Systems, you must have:
- MSc or PhD degree in a relevant technical field, such as mechanical or marine engineering, or another study with evidence of drive marine systems technology
- minimum of five years of work experience in research and development (R&D), with solid knowledge based around maritime drive systems
- experience of initiating and managing R&D projects
- strong communication skills, team-oriented mindset, efficient and flexible approach, with a customer- and service-oriented attitude
- open and honest personality, and the ability to be appropriately assertive and a good sense of humour.
Royal IHC offers you as (Senior) Researcher Fuels and Drive Systems a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
IHC MTI is Royal IHC's centre for R&D. Our mission is to provide sustainable solutions for the challenges of today and for the future of the movement and positioning of soil. Through close consultation with our colleagues, we optimise the design, use a, d control of any equipment that comes into contact with soil. Through this, we are able to enhance mission equipment and advise our customers on how to make optimal use of IHC’s technology. This ensures that we improve, extend and reduce the TCO of IHC’s product portfolio. In addition, the knowledge we gain enables us to offer a first-rate consultancy service to our customers. IHC MTI main activities include R&D, ranging from fundamental knowledge development in collaboration with universities and knowledge institutes, through to prototype development in the run-up to commercialisation consultancy services in the field of dredging, establishing IHC’s intellectual property strategy and supporting our sister companies in its execution. IHC MTI offices are based in Delft and Kinderdijk, with permanent research facilities located at the latter. IHC MTI also make use of temporary research facilities as required.
IHC MTI is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of (Senior) Researcher Fuels and Drive Systems and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.