- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Maintenance Services is a department within IHC Services, which manages and executes repair projects, dry dockings and component repairs as part of service/maintenance contracts. As Project Manager, you will cover a wide range of tasks, from arranging a small repair locally in The Netherlands, to taking on the full end-to-end management of more complex projects. This could include class renewal dry docking in other countries or the operational project management of small teams responsible for external customer assets. This would be carried out in close consultation with the Sales and Proposal department. In this role, you will be responsible for developing project plans, and the contract management and execution of the project within OSBIT (on specification, budget and in time). You will be the sole point of contact for stakeholders during the project, and for commercial and non-commercial project-related issues, in order to realise the project within the given parameters. As Project Manager Maintenance Services, you will be in charge of the relevant team and responsible for all of the steps to execute the project (engineering, work preparation, purchase and logistics, contracts, production/conversion etc). You will also be responsible for:
- developing project plans and costings
- managing project activities through to execution
- identifying risks and resource requirements in line with OSBIT, and taking any corrective actions if necessary
- managing changes and demarcations within the scope of the project
- negotiating the financial, timeliness and qualitative impacts on the project with the customer or other relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally
- ensuring the registration of relevant project information
- evaluating and closing a project, identifying and analysing lessons learnt, and handing over the project to the customer
- building and utilising a network of internal and external stakeholders, and representing the project within the organisation
- managing the assigned project members and working in close cooperation with them on site
- developing processes/procedures, and integrating them with existing projects and future proposals
- professionalising and standardising IHC’s approach and the delivery of its operational and technical maintenance services
- mentoring and developing current employees in line with the relevant strategies and approaches
- supporting and actively taking part in new business opportunities, from initial exploratory discussions with customers and bid development (supporting the Commercial department), to leading the delivery of the projects
- taking part in developing Maintenance Services as an external offering to our customers, including the alignment of the competencies and frameworks needed for delivery
- working end to end, from a cooperate strategic level to small repairs
- complying with IHC and customer safety rules and procedures, including addressing anomalies with others.
As Project Manager Maintenance Services you will be pragmatic, structured and accurate in your work, identifying problems and taking immediate action to solve them. Effectively organising and planning activities is second nature to you, and you will be able to independently take actions that stimulate others to drive projects forward. You will always be aware of project lead times, and the effect of delays on costs and the people who work on site. To be eligible for the position of Project Manager Maintenance Services, you must also have:
- a minimum of ten years’ experience in ship maintenance, dry-docking and ship conversion
- knowledge of the dredging industry, with combined cutter suction and hopper dredger experience (preferable)
- a result-oriented approach, and a keen focus on getting things done and realising projects on time and within budget
- ability to handle cultural differences within the team, with the customer and/or at the executing yard
- ability to independently take the initiative on the one hand, but have strong team working skills on the other
- optimistic and energetic personality, with an aptitude for numbers
- the ability to travel and work abroad
- excellent project management skills, including accurate reporting capabilities
- excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills (preferable).
Royal IHC offers you as Project Manager Maintenance Services a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Project Manager Maintenance Services, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC, the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Manager Maintenance Services and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.