- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Cost Estimator, you will be responsible for the cost estimation of selected sales opportunities. Furthermore, you will develop the calculation methods that allow proposal managers to confidently determine the cost price of less complex projects and portfolio products. In this role, you will work closely with the proposal managers, concept engineers and Purchasing department. You will also have regular contact with the Work Preparation and the Finance departments. As Cost estimator you will report to the Manager Proposal Management and be responsible for:
- cost estimation of existing and custom tools, product upgrades, and larger modifications
- analysing the financial uncertainty of estimation work
- the rough planning of the work to be conducted
- advising on make/buy decisions
- identifying, starting and completing process improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- connecting with other departments as and when required
- obtaining proof of supplier offer pricing and completeness against the cost estimation work carried out in earlier stages of the sales process
- analysing (financial) project close-out data as a foundation for future estimates.
To be eligible for the role of Cost Estimator, you must have:
- bachelor degree combined with five to ten years of relevant experience, for example in cost estimation, work preparation or as a senior engineer
- knowledge of production processes in the metal industry and machine building
- basic project management skills to deliver results and extend the reach of the cost estimation discipline beyond the department
- experience of using Microsoft Office (mainly Excel) and an ERP system
- knowledge of heavy machinery, offshore tools, hydraulics, control systems and/or offshore processes is desirable
- affinity for numbers, results-driven, accurate and independent approach, ability to work well in a team
- strong Dutch and English language skills.
Royal IHC offers you as Cost Estimator a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Cost Estimator, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units – IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP design, build and supply fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Cost Estimator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.