- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for the technical refinement of orders. IHC IQIP is an order-oriented organisation, which means that our work covers: the design, calculation, and drawing of one-off tools; consultation with the customer; drafting of test procedures and instruction manuals; and maintaining a presence during workshop testing. At every stage, all relevant standards, safety rules, and quality and inspection requirements must be taken into account. We expect that our project engineers to make an innovative contribution to the existing product portfolio. As Project Engineer Offshore Tools you will also employ 3D Solid Edge, PDM Teamcenter, Mathcad and Femap to complete FEM analysis. As Project Engineer Offshore Tools you will be responsible for:
- translating customer requirements into a basic functional design
- keeping close contact with the project team, customer and suppliers
- finalising the basic design and implementing this into the mechanical detail design
- refining designs into functioning one-off tools
- making mechanical calculations for the design and certification of tools
- designing the hydraulic controls and setting up the electronic control conventions
- preparing project specific documents, such as test procedures and instruction manuals
- preparing specifications for enquiries to be sent to suppliers
- planning your own work/project schedule
- supporting the rest of the organisation with technical questions about designs.
To be eligible for the role of Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) or academic higher education (WO) in mechanical engineering
- at least three years of relevant engineering experience
- experience using Solid Edge, both in 3D and 2D and knowledge of hydraulic and control systems
- ability to understand customers technical needs and to deal with technical challenges both innovatively and creatively
- ability to work systematically under time pressures and to conduct strength calculations (preferably using Mathcad)
- experience of conducting FEM analysis is desirable
- practical, go-getting mentality, ability to independently set priorities, to work effectively in a team and high capacity to think analytically
- stress-resistant and process-oriented approach and a service- and result-oriented attitude to all stakeholders
- strong command of English, both verbal and written, with moderate skills in Dutch.
Royal IHC offers you as Project Engineer Offshore Tools a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Project Engineer Offshore Tools, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units – IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP design, build and supply fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia, and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Project Engineer Offshore Tools and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.