- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The Commissioning and Service Engineer is responsible for the on-site commissioning of systems contracted from IHC SAS-Hytop. You will be responsible for solving defects and other services with regards to our equipment at our customer locations worldwide. When working for IHC SAS-Hytop premises at Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, you will be responsible for inspections and developing commissioning plans for our products. With your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to the different phases and areas of designing, producing, commissioning and deployment of our worldwide renowned equipment. You will coordinate and execute commissioning and site acceptance tests for state-of-the-art hydraulic systems on board dredging and offshore vessels, in addition to installations. This will be done in accordance with the technical specifications and contractual requirements. After delivery, you will independently resolve defects and perform maintenance and repairs on complex machinery and equipment around the world. Daily reporting regarding progress and findings is also essential, in order for IHC SAS-Hytop to enhance products. Within this role, you will work abroad for up to four weeks at a time and will report to the Service and Commissioning Manager.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- higher professional education (HBO) in mechatronics or controls engineering
- a starter with interest in mechatronics or controls engineering
- Preferable of one year of professional experience as a commissioning/service engineer on complex mechanical installations
- affinity for heavy automated machinery and the maritime dredging and offshore industry
- offshore safety training, such as Opito Bosiet/Huet (or prepared to take a course in this area)
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP and PDM packages
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently abroad
- be stress-resistant, flexible, innovative and result-driven
- a customer-oriented attitude and commercial service awareness
- an eagerness to have a varied job in- and outside of The Netherlands
- the ability to communicate with IHC personnel, subcontractors or customers in ever-changing conditions
- a willingness to obtain knowledge or learn new techniques regarding equipment and developments within the industry.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Commissioning & Service Engineer, you will work at IHC SAS-Hytop. Based in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, this organisations main focus is designing and producing reliable deck equipment and hydraulic systems for the dredging, offshore oil & gas and renewable markets. Over the years, IHC SAS-Hytop has gained a great deal of experience in the delivery of pipe laying systems, heavy duty winch systems, hydraulic power packs and FPSO riser pull-in & offloading systems. The ultimate aim of IHC SAS-Hytop is to provide customers with equipment, systems, solutions and services that they can trust. The IHC SAS-Hytop service team is available on a 24/7 basis for its customers, wherever they are in the world.
IHC SAS-Hytop is part of Royal IHC, the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning & Service Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.