- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a dedicated project team comprising several engineers, each with their own field of expertise. Together with the Lead Engineer, you will make your own plan for the upcoming period, starting with basic engineering and followed by the detailed engineering of each system. You will collect all the necessary technical information and functional specifications needed to successfully fulfil your duties. In addition, you will always keep classification rules and customer requirements in mind. In this role, you will be responsible for the calculations for various onboard systems and produce a wide range of technical documents, including:
- overall single-line drawings
- multi-line drawings of electrical cabinets
- cable block/cable connection diagrams
- cabinet layout drawings
- general arrangement plans (lighting, sockets, fire protection, signal columns, etc)
- technical specifications for quotations and purchasing.
To be eligible for the role of Electrical Engineer, you must have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) with a technical specialism in electrotechnology or mechatronics
- knowledge and experience of EPLAN P8, CAD systems, and Microsoft Office
- technical knowledge of installation works preferably on vessels and/or in the offshore industry
- work experience gained in a comparable role is desirable
- the ability to work independently and the desire to flourish in a growing organisation.
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (verbal and written) in order to establish strong relationships within the project team
Royal IHC offers you as Electrical Engineer a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC, the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.