- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the sales and business relationship objectives. These will need to be compliant with the yearly area sales plan, sales targets and customer orders, in order to achieve sales and new business, as well as contributing to IHC’s competitive position. We expect you to be able to read and interpret market opportunities in the assigned region, and to close deals on behalf of IHC. Your default focus will be vessel/dredger sales. For mission equipment, services and mining solutions, you will closely liaise with the relevant sales managers and act in a supporting role. However, the overall sales volume responsibility will remain with the Area Sales. Within this role, your duties will include the following:
- creating, identifying and proactively acting upon sales leads
- managing quote requests and ensuring that leads are followed up
- visiting and contacting customers and prospects, exploring their demands and wishes, and bringing IHC solutions to their attention
- managing key accounts based on clearly defined account strategies
- managing and growing the business relationships with customers, prospects and partners
- developing and maintaining the regional agent network
- leading and coordinating the commercial process from A to Z
- preparing bids and quotations with support of the organisation
- leading the deal team, as well as managing the customer relationship during this process, involving (senior) management and/or dedicated specialists when appropriate
- remaining in-tune with project managers and product owners during project execution, monitoring progress, and managing customer relationships and expectations
- organising and attending the christening ceremony (if applicable) and formal handover of the vessel/equipment
- handling problems, disputes and claims from customers, in addition to coordinating solutions in consultation with the project manager and other relevant stakeholders
- contributing to the yearly area sales plan for Africa – including market information, sales forecasts, budgets, objectives and sales tactics – with a focus on the Southern Africa sub-region
- continuously monitoring external (industry) developments, and contributing to the development or improvement of (new) products and services
- building, maintaining and expanding a network of (new) internal and external stakeholders, as well as contributing to and initiating external representation in cooperation with other functional disciplines.
You will work as part of the Africa Area Sales team and report to the Africa Area Sales Director.
You will be based in South Africa (Cape Town) or The Netherlands (Kinderdijk). Both options can be considered. It is important that you are able to find a good balance between significant time spent in the region versus having a presence in the Africa office in The Netherlands.
To be eligible for the role of Area Sales Manager Southern Africa, you must have:
- a keen eye for commercial opportunities, and be a born negotiator who loves to close deals
- a commercial, proactive and pragmatic approach
- an entrepreneurial mind-set and a team player mentality
- strong and multi-level communication skills, with fluent English (knowledge of Portuguese is beneficial)
- an academic level of education
- ten years of work experience, of which at least five years has been selling technical capital goods, services or equipment, preferably in the maritime industry
- experience in the dredging market
- knowledge of the mining, and oil and gas markets (advantageous).
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job where technology is placed at the forefront of today’s possibilities. You will work in an organisation that is developing at full speed, where your qualities and talents are valued, and where you will have every opportunity to develop further.
IHC Holding is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Area Sales Manager Southern Africa and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.