- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools, you will join IHC IQIP’s Sales and Concept Engineering department. In this role, you will develop, specify and estimate technical solutions at a concept level. Having knowledge of constructions, force distribution and the consequences are key to this function. Determination and being able to check the technical part of our offer to our customers will also be integral parts of your work. You will work in close cooperation with the sales and proposal managers in order to get a clear understanding of what the customer really wants and needs. This will also require you to obtain information from different departments. In this role, you will have to be able to judge the feasibility of solutions and the risks involved. Therefore, you must be interested in the technical and functional aspects, as well as be able to provide innovative options for our products. you will report to the head of the department and the proposal managers. As Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools you will be responsible for:
- initiating and developing technical solutions to meet future market requirements
- exploring, advising and informing stakeholders with regards to the functional requirements and consequences
- managing various parties during the process of development to get the determined deliverables in time and according to the defined quality standards
- initiating, formulating and contributing to methods and standardization
- coaching and guiding team members.
To be eligible for the position of Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) and/or academic higher education (WO) in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- at least six years of professional experience in a similar role
- excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP and PDM packages, and Solid Edge
- ability to work with automated systems and to work effectively as part of a team
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently
- accurate, stress-resistant, flexible, innovative nature, performance and result-oriented mindset, customer-oriented attitude and a commercial approach.
Royal IHC offers you as Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units – IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP design, build and supply fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Structural / Mechanical Engineer Offshore Tools and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.