- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Structural Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for the technical refinement of orders. We are an order-based organisation, which means that our work covers the design, calculation and drawing of one-off tools, consultations with the customer, drafting test procedures and instruction manuals, and maintaining a presence during workshop testing. At every stage, we must take into account all relevant standards, safety rules, and quality and inspection requirements. We expect an innovative contribution from our structural engineers with regard to the existing product package, and employ 3D Solid Edge, PDM Teamcenter, Mathcad and Femap for FEM analyses. As Structural Engineer Offshore Tools, you will be responsible for:
- translating customer requirements into functional basic designs
- assessing the design to verify strength and rigidity through calculations and detailed FEM analysis
- advising the project engineers on structural design improvements
- reporting on the strength and rigidity of structures for third-party certification
- keeping in close contact with the project team, customers and suppliers
- making mechanical calculations for the design and certification of tools
- preparing specifications for enquiries to be sent to suppliers
- planning your own work/project schedule
- supporting the rest of the organisation with regards to technical questions about your designs.
To be eligible for the position of Structural Engineer Offshore Tools, you must have:
- higher vocational education (HBO) and/or academic higher education (WO) in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- more than three years of relevant engineering experience
- able to understand customers’ technical needs and to deal with technical challenges both innovatively and creatively
- ability to work systematically and under time pressures
- experience using 3D CAD packages (Solid Edge or Autodesk Inventor) and FEM software (Femap, Ansys or Abaqus)
- ability to conduct strength calculations (experience of Mathcad is preferential)
- knowledge of hydraulic and control systems and basic knowledge of the rules and regulations within the codes and standards of DNVGL and Lloyd’s Register
- practical and highly motivated approach and ability to independently set priorities
- analytical mindset and the ability to work effectively in a team
- stress resistant, process-oriented nature, service- and results-driven attitude, both internally and externally
- strong command of English, both verbal and written, as well as moderate Dutch skills.
Royal IHC offers you as Structural Engineer Offshore Tools a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Structural Engineer Offshore Tools, you will work in Sliedrecht at the head office of IHC IQIP. IHC IQIP is an IHC business unit which is formed in 2015 by combining four former IHC business units – IHC Hydrohammer, IHC Handling Systems, IHC Sea Steel and IHC Fundex Equipment. Through our combined experience and expertise, IHC IQIP design, build and supply fully integrated, innovative solutions for onshore and offshore installations and foundations in the oil & gas, offshore wind and coastal & civil market. At IHC IQIP, we offer an innovative and complete range of equipment, such as hydraulic piling hammers, noise mitigation systems, offshore installation and removal equipment, subsea installation and positioning frames, and multifunctional foundation rigs. In addition, we offer advice and a comprehensive service provision to our customers. Today, we have over 400 employees who work in various locations in Europe, America, Asia and Australia. For more information about IHC IQIP, please check www.ihciqip.com and www.linkedin.com/company/ihc-iqip.
IHC IQIP is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Structural Engineer Offshore Tools and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.