- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Quality Manager, you will be responsible for the accurate development, management and improvement of the quality management and control systems. This will include their application and verification, as well as promoting training and awareness at all levels. In this role, you will report directly to the SHEQ Manager for Shipbuilding and be responsible for:
- coordinating the development, implementation and improvement of the quality management system (QMS) within the Shipbuilding cluster and facilitating line management duties
- proactively liaising with the Corporate SHEQ-CSR and Corporate Business Process Management departments and the One IHC implementation team
- promoting and supporting improvements to systems and processes with management
- ensuring that there is an awareness of quality-related requirements, facilitating communication and training campaigns where necessary
- developing, promoting and ensuring adherence to the company’s quality policy
- supporting multiple sites in gaining ISO 9001:2015 certification in liaison with the Corporate SHEQ-CSR department
- planning and managing internal and supplier audits, and determining whether any corrective actions are necessary to prevent a reoccurrence of deficiencies
- ensuring that reviews of quality-related issues and actions are conducted, and providing support for the identification of root causes and the implementation of any required follow-up actions
- the analysis of quality results, including identifying trends, in order to decrease costs
- initiating and coordinating quality improvement actions/processes/projects, and conducting failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) in cooperation with the relevant departments
- implementing the customer satisfaction process, including data collection and analysis modes
- guaranteeing the collection and analysis of quality-related data and inputs for the Shipbuilding Management Review
- providing support during the tender phase to Sales in liaison with the Corporate SHEQ-CSR department
- supporting the project managers with staffing quality-related requirements, ensuring compliance with all the applicable internal and contractual requirements
- coordinating with SHEQ representatives on projects, supporting the implementation of a QMS and facilitating training at all levels when needed
- supporting risk assessments relating to quality, proposing measures to reduce any identified threats and monitoring follow-up actions to ensure that the ‘plan-do-check-act’ cycle is closed
- ensuring that welding and painting quality controls are properly managed, implemented and recorded on site according to the project-specific quality, and inspection and test plans
- guaranteeing that the welding and painting QC team is adequately experienced, trained and qualified
- conducting appraisals and evaluations of quality-related resources assigned to the SHEQ department.
To be eligible for the position of Quality Manager, you must have:
- a university degree in a technical area of study
- a master’s degree in quality management (desirable)
- more than five years’ experience in (project) quality management in a production organisation, preferably within a shipbuilding business
- experience in resource/team management, development and coordination
- in-depth knowledge and experience of ISO 9001 and process development
- an ISO 9001 lead auditor certification
- knowledge of quality-related and international welding standards, as well as shipbuilding class rules (desirable)
- the ability to identify, drive and coordinate improvements within the organisation
- a highly motivated and flexible nature
- a natural flair for inspiring others and empowering them to achieve the right goals
- a strong ability to analyse complex problems and issues, and seek solutions with the consensus of others
- a strong focus on achieving goals by using effective and structured processes
- effective personal leadership skills
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- the flexibility to work at different IHC locations and travel abroad when necessary.
Royal IHC offer you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Quality Manager, you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.