- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Quality Controller, you will be responsible for monitoring the inbound fabricated products and parts, based on set standards and specifications. The Quality Control department aims to fulfill product inspections for dredge parts with a wide variety of materials and products. The main objective of your job is preparing and executing product and document inspections in cooperation with the Purchase department, and through regular communication with product management and Engineering.
You will identify shortcomings (NCRs) for delivered products and parts, and in the current processes. You will also make a constructive contribution to improvements. In addition, you will be responsible for inspections in collaboration with various parties, as well as independently preparing customer handovers to be carried out in Kinderdijk. Preparing reports and recommendations based on quality analysis is required within your role. You will work with our ERP system and be able to find all required information to inform all stakeholders about your recommendations. You will also be responsible for the management and calibration of measuring equipment, as well as the timely inspection of equipment and tools. In addition, you will ensure that all associated administration is in order.
To be eligible for the role of Quality Controller, you must have:
- secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher vocational education (HBO), preferably in mechanical engineering
- minimum of five years of experience as a quality controller or in a similar position
- experience with materials science, and the use of different types of measuring tools and equipment
- solid knowledge and experience of reading technical drawings and code systems for tolerances, machining, welded and/or casted parts
- experience working with assemblies, and the ability to indicate shortcomings
- structured approach, with negotiation and planning skills, and a keen eye for detail
- self-reliant approach, an accurate way of working, the ability to take ownership and a self-starting attitude
- ability to cope with stress, a results-oriented attitude and the desire to work together with your colleagues to achieve the highest quality
- confidence to address colleagues on improvements needed to meet new quality requirements, as well as rectify unsafe behaviour
- ability to receive and to give feedback on processes, new challenges and ideas
- excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- ability to communicate with various parties, both internal and external
- forklift, hoisting operators and VCA certificates (advantageous).
Royal IHC offers you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Quality Controller, you will work at IHC Dredge Equipment, which is part of IHC Services. The Dredge Equipment organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. IHC Dredge Equipment is based in Kinderdijk.
IHC Dredge Equipment is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Quality Controller and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.