- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As 3D CAD Models Engineering Coordinator, you will work for the ONE IHC project organisation. The One IHC project aims to implement uniform state-of-the-art business processes, enterprise-wide data models and innovative software information systems within Royal IHC. This is essential for further improving the performance of our company. Increasing numbers of business units within the IHC organisation are preparing to go live with these new systems. In order to equip them, all their data needs to be prepared for transfer from the old systems to the new ones. This means that parts are classified, 3D CAD models are prepared, parts data is cleansed and enriched, and made ready for migration. Reporting to the ONE IHC programme management your task will be to coordinate the creation of 3D CAD models. In order to do so, you will work closely with the team leaders of data migration, classification and data cleansing. The actual 3D CAD models’ creation is executed by a group of around 25 engineers based at two external subcontractors overseas and within our IHC company in Malaysia. As the 3D CAD Models Engineering Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- ensuring that all 3D models are created according to plan, within budget and according to quality requirements
- balancing the workload between the three engineering parties that create the models
- undertaking random quality checks
- reporting status and expected progress weekly
- working in close cooperation with the other data preparation team leaders, as well as the rollout project managers
- communicating proactively with all internal customers
- assisting in creating new parts for live units when necessary
- following up on assigned tasks to stakeholders throughout the organisation.
To be eligible for the role of 3D CAD Models Engineering Coordinator, you must have the following profile:
- higher vocational education or equivalent, preferably in mechanical engineering or naval architecture
- sound understanding of, and experience in 3D CAD systems and PLM systems (both preferably Siemens)
- clear understanding of the requirements for a high quality 3D model
- ability to define the total set of actions needed to migrate CAD data from different legacy systems (multiple ERP, CAD and PDM systems along with various Microsoft data sources) to new environments
- excellent command of Dutch and English
- ability to work constructively with other stakeholders of the One IHC programme
- strong communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- ability to work in Kinderdijk and Sliedrecht in The Netherlands
- desire to work with international teams from different backgrounds and different cultures.
Royal IHC offers the suitable candidate a unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package, and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
ONE IHC is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of 3D CAD Models Engineering Coordinator and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.