- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a PLC/SCADA Engineer, you will work in the automation and control of dredgers and related equipment. You will be responsible for designing, coding and testing PLC and SCADA software for monitoring, processing, measuring and controlling systems for dredging components. You will work as part of a project team and be supervised by the Lead Engineer Automation.
In addition, your role will include designing and configuring user interfaces relating to the dredging process using SCADA packages. It will also involve drawing up functional specifications and writing software for SCADA with PLC and other systems. You will set up the overall system configuration and testing of applications using a simulator.
To be eligible for the role of PLC/SCADA Engineer, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO)
- demonstrable experience with and/or an affinity for measuring and control technology, and process automation
- knowledge of and experience with designing, programming and coding PLCs such as Allen Bradley and Bachmann with the relevant packages
- knowledge of CIMPLICITY and Atvise SCADA packages
- (some) knowledge of process management systems
- the ability to read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- a desire to work in project teams
- strong communication skills
- an analytic approach and the ability to take the initiative
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a PLC/SCADA Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of PLC/SCADA Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.