- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Lead Automation Engineer, you will design the automation and control systems of offshore and dredging vessels such as hopper or cutter dredgers. Most of the time, those vessels and installations are still under construction by Royal IHC. You will work closely with the Lead Electrical Engineer to come up with optimum solutions for specific projects.
As Lead Automation Engineer, you will also provide technical support and act as a point of contact for our customers and other IHC units. Each project can take from around six months to two years to complete. You will typically work on designing control philosophies, system architecture diagrams, functional specifications, drive designs, and I/O-lists. After the design phase, you will determine the software hours required and then lead the software team during the implementation phase, in addition to testing the software. As Lead Automation Engineer, you will also provide information to our technical writer as input for the user manual and undertake the factory acceptance test with the customer. Please note, part of your role may involve working on-board vessels during the commissioning process and handover to the customer.
To be eligible for the position of Lead Automation Engineer, you must have the following:
- higher vocational education (HBO) and/or academic higher education (WO) in a technical discipline with a focus on industrial automation
- demonstrable design experience in complex process automation and knowledge of PLC and SCADA systems
- prior experience in the maritime sector, especially on PMS, VMS, and propulsion control systems
- knowledge of guidelines, standards, legislation and rules relating to inspection agencies, along with an understanding of control techniques
- ability to write functional specifications and read drawings (electric, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- ability to work as part of a team, and experience in managing or supervising technical colleagues
- approachable nature, customer-oriented focus and ability to work well under pressure while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- practical, goal-oriented attitude and the willingness to work in a rapidly changing environment
- excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch, both written and verbal.
We offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
We are looking for a long term relationship with our new Lead Automation Engineer and therefore we will offer you an indefinite contract instantly.
As a Lead Automation Engineer, you will work at IHC Systems. This organisation develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for the efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The electrical, electronic and IT systems involve anything from robust sensors to stand-alone and/or integrated systems for service, presentation, automation, hydrography and DP/DT, supported by training simulators. Global life-cycle support – either remote or on location – guarantees durability and reliability. The company, which has paved the way in its sectors for over 40 years, is based in Sliedrecht and employs over 100 people.
IHC Systems is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Lead Automation Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.