- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Application Manager (Engineering), you will be responsible for all the applications that support the engineering-related business processes within IHC. This includes 2D and 3D CAD, CAE, CAM, and PDM platforms. The primary objective of this role is to change the application environment in line with our ever-changing business needs. The following gives you an idea of what a typical day could look like:
Your day will start at 8:30 in the office. Your agenda is blocked out for possible support after a new production environment was deployed last weekend. If no problems arise, you start working on specifications that will translate into fixes for common incidents and identify the required changes to the IT platform. You have a meeting at 11am at another site. You leave the office and take the car. Once there you advise on possible solutions/blockades for upcoming changes. This takes longer than anticipated, so your lunch starts 15 minutes late. After lunch you quickly answer a question about the support you carried out this morning, then you will join a meeting with an external supplier. You discuss what needs to be done to improve the performance of an application. Afterwards, you have some time to check your inbox and will answer some of the most urgent items. At the end of the day you will do a plan update with a project manager for a PLM migration assignment. You advise on any strategic and technical issues. Just when you were planning to go home, you get a call from an engineering manager. Nobody is able to get a licence for a specific application! No problem, you know the reason why and will be able to save the day for 50 people very quickly!
As an Application Manager (Engineering), you will be responsible for:
- contacting people within IHC to understand and translate the engineering-related business processes into the best application solutions
- managing changes to the IT landscape in cooperation with your colleagues
- taking ownership of the parts of the application landscape you can oversee
- communicating and/or presenting application solutions to stakeholders
- participating in change management processes using Agile/SCRUM
- resolving incidents which are blocking business progress.
The combination of new developments regarding software capabilities on a worldwide platform, alongside initiatives relating to Big Data and app development, make IT a testing and continuously changing environment. Every day you will face challenges for which a solution has to be found. These will require you to ‘dive-in’ and extend your knowledge. Therefore, this role requires a willingness to learn and strong problem-solving skills, as well as a high degree of creativity. As Application Manager (Engineering), you must have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) and/or an academic higher education (WO) in business information, an engineering-related education (HBO/WO level) or completed an IT-focused course (HBO/MBO level)
- at least 5 years of experience with CAD, PDM and ERP systems and (desirable for the senior position) NX, SE and/or Teamcenter
- a strong affinity with engineering and production, and products and processes
- experience in the manufacturing industry (desirable)
- a strong customer focus and demonstrable knowledge of working in large complex application environments in an international setting
- knowledge of ITIL, SCRUM, ASL, PRINCE2 and SQL, or a readiness to train in these areas
- at least five years of relevant experience
- excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written) and a willingness to learn Dutch if not natively spoken
- the ability to take the initiative and come up with ideas to improve our processes and systems
- a high level of motivation and a desire to make effective contacts within our organisation
- a no-nonsense approach, while able to work well as part of a team.
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful, dynamic and international company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Application Manager (Engineering) and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.