- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As a Designer Mechanical you will be part of the product organisation in the Design and Specification specialism, within IHC Shipbuilding. You will work in a project team and collaborate with other disciplines such as cost estimators and naval architects. You will contribute to the mechanical aspects and developments of concept designs for all types of vessels in the Royal IHC portfolio. Input for the design in general is based on requirements prescribed by a client, and the result of technical proposals and feasibility studies. You are responsible for developing, specifying and estimating the mechanical aspects of a design. The main focus will be on the power generating plant, propulsion system and energy balances. In collaboration with other disciplines you are part of the pre‐contract phase. In accordance with legislation and regulations you work towards successfully meeting clients' requirements by acting within IHC operating principles and engineering standards. In this way you contribute to the successful closing of the pre‐contract phase and generating the basis for the realisation of the order. Within this role, you will be expected to carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- performing calculations and set‐up drawings. This involves principle layouts of the propulsion train, engine room arrangement, power and thruster redundancy and concept pipe schematics for major systems
- participating in discussions with shipping companies and subcontractors regarding the performance of the design, such as powering in relation to operational profile or alternative propulsion systems
- generating input for cost estimation
- producing the relevant parts of the vessel specification
- developing new concepts for expanding the portfolio of vessels.
To be eligible for the position of Designer Mechanical you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) and/or an academic higher education (WO) in a relevant field of study
- theoretical and practical knowledge about ship powering and propulsion systems
- preferably at least five years of relevant experience in dredging and offshore vessels
- proficiency in conceptual thinking
- experience with calculation and drawing software
- insight into the feasibility of a client's wishes and requirements, and the ability to convert this into a concrete design
- familiarity with both national and international ship legislation and safety regulations
- excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Royal IHC offers you as Designer Mechanical a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As a Designer Mechanical you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.
IHC Holland is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Designer Mechanical and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.