- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Purchasing Manager you are responsible for efficient procurement and delivery of the various product groups at IHC Services B.V. The Purchasing department is responsible for all (inter)national purchasing-related activities for products and services with reference to the delivery of hardware, spare parts and upgrades projects in the aftermarket sector. The Purchasing department consists of three functional areas: operational purchasing, tactical purchasing and project purchasing. You will manage a team of six operational purchasers, two tactical purchasers, and two project purchasers. In addition, you are responsible for the continuous improvement of the supply chain, and for leading and supporting all improvements in the purchasing process. Such competencies as priority setting, stakeholder management, and teamwork are all important factors to master in order to successfully fulfill this function. As Purchasing Manager your duties will also include the following:
- Leading the tactical purchasers, working in alignment with the various departments in IHC Corporate, to ensure:
- optimisation of the procurement process
- selection of suppliers
- visiting and auditing of suppliers to assess their suitability for delivery
- setting up framework agreements with suppliers, including data mapping and data exchange agreements
- writing business documentation for the necessary changes to enable more efficient processes in our ERP system (IFS).
- Leading the operational purchasing team to:
- create and manage an identical and efficient work process
- create and manage work instructions and procedures
- manage KPIs for delivery performance, savings and risk avoidance.
- Leading the project buyers to:
- prepare proposals, including risk analyses
- deliver the products/services within the project requirements (OSBIT).
- Preparing overall procurement plans and reports to present, sell and align with/to the internal stakeholders.
To be eligible for the role of Purchasing Manager, you must have the following:
- minimum of higher vocational education (HBO) in a technical commercial field (preferably supplemented with Nevi 1 and 2)
- minimum of five years of experience in an equivalent role in an industrial, technical environment, preferably in the maritime or offshore sector
- knowledge of international trading practices in maritime or offshore-related business is advantageous
- a hands-on mentality, service-oriented approach and commercial mindset
- deep understanding of business process management, self-starting, structured and proactive approach
- effective communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player, as well as a people manager
- fluency in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- knowledge of shipbuilding and the ERP system IFS is advantageous.
Royal IHC offers you as Purchasing Manager a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Purchasing Manager, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Purchasing Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.