- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As an jr. draughtsman/engineer shipbuilding you’ll be working on 3D modelling and 2D designs for all types of complex vessels. Based on the designs from our naval architects, FEM engineers and system engineers you’re able to set up functional designs for the hull construction taking weight, building procedures and maintenance in account. The engineeringwork you perform consist of construction calculations, construction plans and construction drawings, general arrangements etc. You work closely together within your project team of vessel design but also with our other departments of equipment design and marine operations.
We work with well know software like Autocad, Nupas and Catia and we have the tools and experience within our company to develop you further as an engineer. The position of jr. draughtsman/engineer shipbuilding will be on the vessel design department. This department consists of approximately 30 engineers divided in lead engineers, naval architects, system engineers and structural engineers.The projects you’re going to work on are client specific vessels for offshore, renewable, dredging and mining, and salvage and decommissioning markets. This can be for new built as well as conversions of vessels.
- Secondary Technical School (MBO) in Maritime engineering, shipbuilding, mechanical engineering or comparable.
- Knowledge of relevant requirements from classification societies and authorities
- Knowledge of calculation, general arrangements, construction drawings, vessel design
- Experience with engineering and design tools like Nupas and Autocad
- About 3 years’ experience in a similar position and willing to develop as an engineer
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9) and multiple arrangements for insurance, bikeplan etc.
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years)
- Study possibilities and training
- Outside of working time activities like drinks, football, harbour runs and other
As a Jr. Draughtsman/Engineer Shipbuilding, you will work at Vuyk Engineering, an international engineering company serving the maritime industry. Vuyk Engineering provides consultancy and engineering services in the areas of vessel design, equipment design, marine operations and building supervision. It specialises in work vessels for the dredging and offshore industries and heavy lift shipping, and has broad experience in engineering for installation or abandonment, transports, load-outs and salvage operations.
Are you interested in the position of Jr. Draughtsman/Engineer Shipbuilding and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly by using the apply button.
For more information about Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam, the vacancy and the application process,or call Sebastiaan Schuurman (+31 (0)88 015 5115)
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.