- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The Renovations department manages larger ship repairs and conversions, both nationally and internationally. It is set up as a project organisation in which the cooperation of different disciplines – such as calculation, project management, engineering and purchasing – is important. We are looking for an experienced Production Engineer Renovations with a hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach to join the department. Your duties will include the following:
- receiving project information and checking for completeness and accuracy
- reporting any missing information or issues
- completing data where necessary and making (production) work drawings, material states and determining purchase specifications
- defining production methods and procedures in close cooperation with engineering and field service advisors
- answering production-related questions from service engineers and stakeholders
- reporting on the progress of work and deviations to delivery times, budgets and quality
- contributing ideas to management and the department in order to create solutions that prevent problems, as well as improve methods and processes
- creating project planning reports, including progress reports.
To be eligible for the role of Production Engineer Renovations, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) or senior (MBO) vocational education, preferably in mechanical engineering
- the ability to interpret technical diagrams and drawings, and other project documents
- a profound knowledge of production and logistics processes, and the ability to define a connection between them
- the ability to define the impact of decisions on other processes within your own working area and other areas
- the ability to advise colleagues and follow-up on any questions they have
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, in addition to ERP and PDM packages
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- a stress-resistant and pragmatic personality
- excellent planning and organisational skills
- a flexible approach to work and the ability to use your initiative.
IHC offers the suitable candidate a unique opportunity to work for a successful worldwide leader. We also offer a challenging job within a financially successful and dynamic company, a local labour contract, competitive salary and benefits package, and a range of opportunities for further professional development.
As a Production Engineer Renovations, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industries. From our head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 service worldwide, which typically includes repair, rental, renovation, condition-based services, feasibility studies, life-cycle engineering, parts and logistics, and training and consultancy.
With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Production Engineer Renovations and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 5333.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.