- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine, you will be the expert advisor responsible for sales at IHC Services, including vessel conversions, rentals, maintenance contracts, and engineering. As such, establishing new relationships and creating new opportunities will be second nature to you. The mining and maritime segments have been newly created within the IHC Services sales organisation. They focus on developing business with customers in (new) markets with existing – as well as new – services and business propositions. Together with the team, you will take the department to the next level and grow the IHC Services business. You will report to the Manager Sales and Business Development, and help to unlock promising markets, and identify demand for new services and products. As Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine you will be based in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands, and responsible for the following:
- drafting short- and medium-term commercial plans;
- identifying promising markets and opportunities;
- proactively approaching and visiting potential customers;
- determining the tender strategy, and preparing tender estimates, documentation and proposals;
- identifying and developing commercial proposals that use IHC Services’ suite of solutions to solve customer needs, taking an outside-in perspective;
- cooperating with the technical and operational departments;
- expanding the region’s marketing activities;
- co-determining the sales prices/margins, and profit contributions for products, services and projects;
- representing IHC Services at trade shows and seminars;
- supporting the development of annual business plans for the IHC Services product clusters.
To be eligible for the position of Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine, you must have the following:
- higher vocational education (HBO and/or academic higher education (WO);
- relevant B2B sales and/or business development experience gained in the mining and/or maritime industry;
- high level of experience in drawing up and assessing contracts;
- experience in transforming ideas into business cases and commercial propositions;
- sharp eye for external developments and the ability to transfer these into concrete sales opportunities;
- fluency in Dutch and English, both written and verbal;
- willingness to travel internationally up to 50% of the time;
- demonstrable ownership skills, drive, passion and creativity;
- high levels of energy, self-starter and excellent communication skills, as well as conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities;
- ability to deal with stakeholder management and organisational sensitivity;
- eagerness to learn, an entrepreneurial mindset, and you enjoy finding new ways to move our business forward;
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates;
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.
The role of Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine is an excellent way to kick-start a corporate career at one of the leading companies in the Dutch maritime sector. In this position, you will have an excellent insight into the business of Royal IHC and significant exposure to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, with whom you can make a real difference. You will have a great opportunity to shape the role and experience tangible results from your work. As such, this is an excellent position from which to start a career path within IHC. While we aspire to be a customer-driven, passionate organisation without a “9 to 5” mentality, we offer a better work/life balance than the professional services, consultancy or financial sectors. Royal IHC offers you, in addition, a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Sales and Business Development Manager Mining & Marine and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.