- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The responsibility of the SHE Compliance Officer is to develop, promote and establish a positive safety culture within Royal IHC so that it can meet and exceed its legal requirements in terms of safety, health, environment and compliance. The post holder will also take responsibility for both strategic and operational matters relating to the organisation, planning and management of safety, health and environment, as well as provide expert support to SHEQ and operational staff. This will also include acting as the trusted competence centre of excellence on safety, health and the environment. The post holder will report to the Group SHEQ-CSR Director and be the primary point of contact on safety, health and environment within IHC’s Operational and Shared Services management.
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant Safety, Health and Environmental legislation and outside-in Industry-exceeding Best Practices. Provide regular updates on upcoming, new or amended Safety, Health and Environmental legislation associated with relevant issues to all staff as appropriate. Ensure appropriate governance on Safety, Health and Environmental Compliance
- lead in creating, promoting and maintaining a climate in which individuals feel Safety, Health and Environment have high value. Ensure clarity about roles and responsibilities, aims and objectives throughout the organization
- monitor company compliance with Royal IHC’s SHEQ-CSR Policy and Integrated Management System and formally advise line managers on areas of non-compliance simultaneously providing direction on continuous improvement solutions
- manage the Safety, Health and Environment part of the Integrated Management System, including but not limited to; overseeing the establishment and review of contextual processes, compliance processes, risk management, monitoring of records of actions taken and implementing governing overarching arrangements with contractors and suppliers
- establish, facilitate, develop and maintain training and education, awareness promotion campaigns, onboarding and induction
- maintain and promote good working relationships with governmental bodies, authorities, industry organizations, key customers and internal stakeholders
- liaise with HR and maintain records of any (occupational) health related issues. Liaise with the Occupational Health Provider and the worker council
- translating challenges into a business case and implementing the solution
- implementing and promoting corporate means and methods, including risk assessment methodology, inspections, and management review
- preparing, developing and maintaining SHEQ documentation
- monitoring and reporting on SHEQ performance and compliance
- facilitating line management in effectively organising SHEQ-CSR
- driving continuous improvement programs and projects
- sharing best practices and lessons learned
- providing SHEQ support within project teams
- providing ad-hoc support in case of incidents, accidents and/or emergencies.
To be eligible for the position of SHEQ Business Partner, you must have the following:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) and/or an academic higher education (WO), preferably in business administration, occupational health, and safety, environment or quality management
- good knowledge of environment and safety legislation and law
- experience with and knowledge of integrated management systems (ISO 45001, ISO14001, ISO9001 and/or equivalent);
- experience, preferably gained in relevant industries, with facilitating SHEQ performance improvement projects
- strong interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial self-starting spirit, high levels of energy and result-oriented approach
- proven success in building relationships with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds and authority level
- ability to connect with people in order to meet business goals and the flexibility to travel abroad for work
- familiarity with project management methodologies (Agile, Prince 2, IPMA) is advantageous
- excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and verbal
- strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
- intrinsically motivated personality and able to conduct business in an ethical, accurate and appropriate way with respect for intercultural differences
Royal IHC offers you as SHE Compliance Officer a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of SHE Compliance Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.