- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
ShipSupport.com is a young and ambitious team with a passion for ships and parts. We are a fast growing corporate e-commerce startup supported by Royal IHC. We are only at the beginning of a great adventure! Our ambition is to be the leading platform in the global maritime industry for ordering parts, services and knowledge exchange. Together with our network of industry experts, we aim to get the best out of our customers’ vessels and equipment.
As an online category manager, you will be responsible for:
- closing partnerships with suppliers to grow your category is what you live for;
- together with the team and your fellow E-category team members, you take charge in presenting the optimal assortment to our ShipSupport customers, therewith evaluating and adjusting continuously based on facts and figures;
- you are a true negotiator and managing the relation with suppliers comes naturally to you (as well as enjoying it);
- measuring online and offline performance of the assortment; data analyses of the revenue of the categories and controlling delivery in line with the agreements is part of the job, and you know how to deal effectively when agreements and/or performances are not met;
- you identify market movements and customer needs. You monetize these into commercial opportunities with visible results and/or define specific plans for ShipSupport’s long term goals. All in close cooperation and consultation with your online marketing and sales colleagues;
- translate the ShipSupport proposition into added value for the suppliers and it being perceived as such;
- thanks to your personality and business development skills you grow our supplier network with fast – though well thought-through – pace.
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
- academic level of thinking and working (at least a bachelor degree);
- demonstrable experience in category management at strategic and tactic level;
- preferably in possession of NEVI I and II certificates;
- a real plus would be for you to have extensive and proven knowledge and network of relevant maritime suppliers;
- taking initiative and coming up with new ideas to improve our approach and processes, generating new business and so forth, is what drives you;
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written, is a pre-condition (we are operating worldwide);
- you know legal matters are part of the job and you take responsibility for it as it were your own company;
- last but not least, if you are a true intrapreneur, willing to strive for the best, no is not an answer, you love working in and with an ambitious (international) team, 9 to 5 is not your call, and you like to help building a transforming platform… we cannot wait to welcome you!
We offer you a challenging job in a corporate start-up environment, supported by a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technology innovation. In addition, we offer you:
- professional development opportunities through attending events and training courses
- 40 days of leave per year!
- outstanding employment conditions, including travel allowances, pension and profit share
- a beautiful office location near the windmills of Kinderdijk, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
ShipSupport is a young and ambitious team with a passion for ships and parts. We are at the beginning of a great adventure! Our ambition is to be the leading platform in the global maritime industry for the ordering of parts and services, and the exchange of knowledge. Together with our network of industry experts we aim to get the best out of our customers’ vessels and equipment.
If you believe you are the perfect Online Category Manager to strengthen ShipSupport, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via www.royalihc.com/careers or call our Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444
ShipSupport does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by ShipSupport.Apply