- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
As the SHEQ (safety, health, environment and quality) Officer, you will be the first point of contact for all aspects of process and safety at IHC. You will bring the appropriate parties together when necessary to propose relevant solutions with regards to SHEQ. In addition, you will continually monitor process and safety levels and, when required, investigate the causes of any issues in order to maintain continuous improvement. You will be a skilled communicator who can actively involve your colleagues in improvement and awareness-raising initiatives. In this role, you will report to the Unit Director and be responsible for:
- implementing and maintaining management systems for safety, health, environment and quality (ISO 9001, 13485, 14001, OHSAS 18001)
- realising the targets set out in the year plan
- improving the safety and quality culture within the organisation
- performing audits and work place inspections
- analysing and following up on incidents and NCRs
- measuring and reporting the unit’s SHEQ performance
- acting as the main contact for corporate departments and external parties for SHEQ-related activities
- acting as a prevention officer
- performing the full scope of tasks regarding emergency response preparation
- preparing and carrying out toolbox meetings
- being part of specific project teams, regarding improvements for example
- ensuring that the unit remains compliant with regards to rules and legislation.
To be eligible for the position of SHEQ Officer, you must have:
- a higher vocational education (HBO) in integrated safety and security or a relevant technical field
- a diploma in safety science
- a VCA-VOL certificate
- at least three years of experience in a production organisation
- experience working with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and 9001, and preferably ISO 13485
- the flexibility to work in different locations within The Netherlands and occasionally overseas
- the ability to improve the organisation in terms of SHEQ management
- an excellent grasp of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- a self-reliant, solution-focused and stress-resistant approach
- a service- and result-oriented skillset.
Royal IHC offers you as SHEQ Officer a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of SHEQ Officer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.