- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
The Logistics Engineer will handle designing comprehensive transportation, network, and supply chain solutions using logistics modelling tools and knowledge for Royal IHC customers and projects. The main challenge is to set up a robust supply chain with maximum material availability against minimum costs. As Logistics Engineer you are also involved in further developing the project as well as the product strengths. As Logistics Engineer you have your seat in the project management team together with other disciplines such as project management, production, purchasing etc. You will also be directly exposed to the day-to-day logistics and supply chain part of the operation designed to support shipbuilding customers throughout the globe. As Logistics Engineer you will work on day-to-day activities and support ongoing projects in this field, ranging from setup a new supply chain and analysis to operations optimization initiatives.
The job as a Logistics Engineer offers an exciting opportunity to become part of the dynamic environment of shipbuilding and maritime operation of Royal IHC. You will have the responsibility for the following:
- analyze and evaluate existing logistics concepts, processes, procedures, systems, and information flows;
- identify and address the required changes and improvements regarding the existing procedures and policies;
- (re)design logistics processes and organization on inbound logistics, warehousing, internal deliveries to production and outbound logistics (packing and transport);
- develop and implement optimal warehouse layout to provide the most efficient flow of goods in close cooperation with the production and supply chain teams;
- documenting the new business processes, procedures, and work instructions;
- implement the proposed logistics solution within the organization and in the IT systems (IFS);
- develop various planning and reporting tools that should contribute to the visualization of work in progress;
- change management regarding the new way of working;
To be eligible for this position Logistics Engineer, you must have the following:
- Bachelor degree in supply chain, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Management
- five to ten years’ relevant experience preferably within a production environment
- excellent project management skills and profound knowledge of business process management
- team player with effective communication skills
- strong analytical skills, flexible, learns and adjusts quickly
- strong written and communication skills in Dutch and English
- experience with ERP implementations and IFS is a big plus.
- excellent communication skills spoken and written in English
- only candidates with EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers you as Logistics Engineer a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Logistics Engineer you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position of Logistics Engineer at Royal IHC and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.