- Interviews scheduled (applications are still possible)
- Second round of interviews (check with the recruitment team if applications are still possible)
- Final interviews (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy filled (applications are not possible anymore)
- Vacancy available
- Interviews scheduled
- Second round of interviews
- Final interviews
- Vacancy filled
Royal IHC is looking for a Lead Software Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, programming, documenting and testing PLC software used for our machine controls. As Lead Engineer you will be responsible for the planning of projects, creating architecture documents and coaching a small team of PLC Engineers.
You will work with a team of PLC and SCADA Engineers, as well as colleagues from other disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical and Hydraulics), and report to the Manager Controls. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating Architecture documents
- Directing a small team of engineers
- Interacting with engineers from other disciplines ( Electrical, Hydraulical, Mechanical ) in creating technical solutions
- Creating functional machine specifications in cooperation with the System Architect and Sales Engineer
- Making the necessary calculations required for software control
- Writing PLC software using a Siemens programming environment (knowledge of Siemens TIA portal is preferable)
- Working with frequency controllers and motors
- Responsible for archiving the software and version control
- Creating various documents (functional descriptions, manuals, test reports)
- Functional verification of the software prior to commissioning
- Commissioning machinery both in-house and on-site worldwide.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- at least 5 years of PLC programming experience ( preferably Siemens )
- a higher professional level of education (HBO/WO or equivalent) in software engineering
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- practical experience in design, test and commissioning of Siemens controlled machinery
- basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- communication skills and the ability to work independently
- be inventive, accurate, stress-resistant, flexible, innovative and a team player
- a results- and customer-oriented attitude
- willingness to travel to locations worldwide for commissioning and testing purposes for periods of approximately three weeks (several times a year).
Only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
Royal IHC offers you as Software Controls Engineer a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
As Lead Software Controls Engineer, you will work at IHC SAS-Hytop. Based in Sliedrecht and Alphen aan den Rijn, this organizations main focus is designing and producing reliable deck equipment and hydraulic systems for the dredging, offshore oil & gas and renewable markets. Over the years, IHC SAS-Hytop has gained a great deal of experience in the delivery of pipe laying systems, heavy duty winch systems, hydraulic power packs and FPSO riser pull-in & offloading systems. The ultimate aim of IHC SAS-Hytop is to provide customers with equipment, systems, solutions, and services that they can trust. The IHC SAS-Hytop service team is available on a 24/7 basis for its customers, wherever they are in the world.
Are you interested in the position of Software Controls Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: http://www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy, and the application process, please visit http://www.royalihc.comor call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.