IHC training simulators are useful for CSD operators in order to advance their dredge process awareness, competences, experience and efficiency without the need to utilise expensive on board equipment. Investment in a simulator saves money, fuel, emissions and training time. Newly recruited trainees can reach the same level as experienced operators. Experienced trainees bring their skills to a still higher level.
- Accelerated learning and experience curves for CSD operators
- Better utilization of the CSD, improved safety and less downtime
- Realistic control consoles, process presentation and outside view
- Features soil, vessel and environmental parameters - trainer can influence process
- Multiple trainee classroom possible
- Simulates operational and safety aspects of CSD dredging: cutting and swing process, profile dredging, anchor, spud and spud carrier handling, suction and discharge process and barge loading. Simulated soil properties influence all models.
- Includes simulation of jet, gland and flushing water, and the hydraulic system.
- Realistic front and rear outside views, with free flying ‘camera’ and weather and sea state conditions, enhanced by vibration and sound simulation.
- DTM, job area and soil samples can be uploaded from survey data and are updated in real time during simulation.
- ‘Water’ can be drained for a vivid impression of the dredged profile.