The IHC eXcavator Position Monitor (XPM®) provides underwater vision for excavator dredger operators and accurately presents the excavating or dumping tool in relation to a digital terrain model (DTM). Operator-adjustable lines and alarms assist in preventing under- and overdredging close to set tolerances. The tool position is calculated from dedicated sensors and positioning data.
- Improved dredging accuracy, allowing dredging close to set tolerances
- Improves operational efficiency, and saves fuel costs and emissions
- Dedicated controllers prolong lifetime of pontoon and machine
- Routine jobs performed by operator-supervised automation
- Large installed base
- Suitable for backhoe and clamshell dredgers.
- Ideal for dredging, piling and stone placement operations.
- Configurable to different booms, sticks, grabs, orange peels and clamshells etc.
- Automatic protection prevents hardware damage and prolongs lifetime of mechanical equipment.
- Automatic tool-profile angle and profile-dredging closely to tolerances.
- Flexible and ultra-reliable submersible sensors.
- Standalone system with dedicated robust and fast IPC hardware.
- Configurable interface to positioning systems, tidal receivers, gyro compasses and survey systems etc.