IHC training simulators are useful for excavator dredger operators in order to advance their dredge process awareness, competences, experience and efficiency without the need to utilise the expensive on board equipment. Investment in a simulator saves money, fuel, emissions and training time. Newly recruited trainees can reach the same level as experienced operators and enhance overall efficiency on an excavator dredger.
- Accelerated learning and experience curves for operators
- Better utilisation of the dredger itself, improved safety and less downtime
- Realistic control chair, process presentation and outside view
- Features soil, vessel and environmental parameters – trainer can influence the process
- Multiple trainee classroom possible
- Simulates operational and safety aspects of excavator dredging: positioning, digging, piling, stone placement and barge loading.
- Simulated soil properties influence all models.Realistic outside view, with free flying ‘camera’ and weather and sea state conditions, enhanced by vibration and sound simulation.
- DTM, job area and soil samples can be uploaded from survey data and are updated in real time during simulation.
- ‘Water’ can be drained for a vivid impression of the dredged seafloor or profile.